- Arabic العربية
- English English
- Chinese 中文
- Urdu اردو
- Spanish Español
- Hindko هندکو
- Turkish Türkçe
- Hindi हिन्दी
- Pashto پښتو
- French Français
- German Deutsch
- Persian فارسی
- Indonesian Bahasa Indonesia
- Azeri Azəri
- Russian Русский
- Tajikian Тоҷикӣ
- Swahili Kiswahili
- Bengali বাংলা
- Other LanguageIslamic Sources
- Islamic Education 2.9 (58%) 20 votes This research-based book is an attempt to provide the readers with foundations, principles, and methods of education by relying on the views of the Quran on human nature and by clarifying the Islamic concept of education.
- Wonders of the Heart 2.6 (52%) 5 votes The term ‘heart’ has a primal position in the vocabulary of Muslim religious teachers and in that of the philosophers. The term is used in Islam for the seat of intellectual and emotional life. In this treatise, al-Ghazali unravels its wonders and secrets, achieving his desired end […]
- The Philosophy of Mulla Sadra 3.42 (68.39%) 31 votes The Philosophy of Mulla Sadra Shirazi (Studies in Islamic Philosophy and Science): Mulla Sadra Shirazi emerges as an original philosopher who had a sure understanding of his Greek and Islamic predecessors. He is worthy of study by scholars concerned with the development of Islamic philosophy because of […]
- Groundwork in Islamic Philosophy 2.33 (46.67%) 3 votes This paper will examine the three major arguments as they are presented in modern philosophy and compare them with arguments for the existence of God presented by ancient and modern Islamic philosophers. It will also attempt to clarify the role of philosophy in Islamic thought, and how […]
- The Ethical Philosophy of Ghazali 2.86 (57.14%) 63 votes The book is the outcome of long thinking and laborious research in Islamic philosophy. The author has thoroughly explored the original sources, both in Islamic philosophy and Western thought. The book opens a new chapter in the presentation of Islamic thought to the modern world, in […]
- Philosophy of Religion 2.81 (56.17%) 47 votes The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Religion: The philosophy of religion as a distinct discipline is an innovation of the last two hundred years, but its central topics–the existence and nature of the divine, humankind’s relation to it, the nature of religion and its place in human life–have […]
- Postmodernism 2.77 (55.43%) 35 votes The Cambridge Companion to Postmodernism: Offering a comprehensive introduction to postmodernism, this Companion features examinations of the different aspects of postmodernist thought and culture that have had a significant effect on contemporary critical thought. Topics discussed by experts in the field include postmodernism’s relation to modernity, and its significance and […]
- Medieval Philosophy 3.29 (65.71%) 28 votes The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Philosophy: Spanning a millennium of thought extending from Augustine to Thomas Aquinas and beyond, this volume takes its readers into one of the most exciting periods in the history of philosophy. It includes not only the thinkers of the Latin West but also the […]
- Kant and Modern Philosophy 2.97 (59.35%) 31 votes The Cambridge Companion to Kant and Modern Philosophy: The philosophy of Immanuel Kant is the watershed of modern thought, which irrevocably changed the landscape of the field and prepared the way for all the significant philosophical movements of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. This 2006 volume, which […]
- The Development of Metaphysics in Persia 3.04 (60.8%) 25 votes First historical account of Persia’s philosophical thought. The object of this work, according to the author, is to prepare a groundwork for a future history of Persian Metaphysics. Iqbal has endeavored to trace the logical continuity of Persian thought, in the language of modern philosophy […]
- Routledge History of Philosophy All Volumes 3.08 (61.54%) 26 votes The Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy is the most ambitious international philosophy project in many years. Edited by Edward Craig and assisted by thirty specialist subject editors, the REP consists of ten volumes of the world’s most eminent philosophers writing for the needs of students and […]
- Adam Smith 3.17 (63.33%) 18 votes The Cambridge Companion to Adam Smith: Although Adam Smith is best known as the founder of scientific economics and an early proponent of the modern market economy, political economy is only one part of his comprehensive intellectual system. Consisting of a theory of mind and its functions in language, […]
- Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 10 2.77 (55.45%) 22 votes Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 10 Philosophy of Meaning, Knowledge and Value in the 20th Century The twentieth century brought enormous change to subjects such as language, metaphysics, ethics and epistemology. This volume covers the major developments in these areas and more.
- Ghazali’s Theory of Virtue 3.26 (65.26%) 19 votes “Ghazali’s Theory of Virtue” is a detail work on studies in Islamic philosophy and science, and a study of Ghazali’s ethical thought as shown in his extensive treatment of the virtues and their relation to the ends of life and to each other.
- Aquinas 3.05 (60.91%) 22 votes The Cambridge Companion to Aquinas: Among the great philosophers of the Middle Ages Aquinas is unique in pursuing two apparently disparate projects. On the one hand he developed a philosophical understanding of Christian doctrine in a fully integrated system encompassing all natural and supernatural reality. On the other hand, he […]
- Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 9 3.52 (70.4%) 25 votes Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 9 Philosophy of Science, Logic and Mathematics in the 20th Century The twentieth century witnessed the birth of analytic philosophy. This volume covers some of its key movements and philosophers, including Frege and Wittgenstein’s Tractatus.
- Atheism 2.23 (44.62%) 13 votes The Cambridge Companion to Atheism: In this 2007 volume, eighteen of the world’s leading scholars present original essays on various aspects of atheism: its history, both ancient and modern, defense and implications. The topic is examined in terms of its implications for a wide range of disciplines including philosophy, religion, […]
- Sadr al-Din Shirazi and his Transcendent Theosophy 3.18 (63.64%) 11 votes Sadr al-Din al-Shirazi (Mulla Sadra) is perhaps the single most important and influential philosopher in the Muslim world in the last four hundred years. The author of over forty works, he was the culminating figure of the major revival of philosophy in Iran in […]
- Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 8 3.06 (61.11%) 18 votes Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 8 Twentieth-Century Continental Philosophy Continental philosophy is one of the twentieth century’s most important and challenging philosophical movements. This major volume includes fourteen chapters on its major representatives and schools, including phenomenology, existentialism and postmodernism.
- Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 7 3.67 (73.33%) 15 votes Routledge History of Philosophy Vol 7 The Nineteenth Century This volume covers many of the most important philosophers and movements of the nineteenth century, including utilitarianism, positivism and pragmatism.
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved to Islamic Sources